SFAI COVID HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
As of July 27 (subject to change)
For 800 Chestnut Street Campus
Please check our Health & Safety Guidelines frequently for updated information.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS & GUIDELINES FOR BEING ON CAMPUS
Vaccination Requirements for Members of the SFAI Community:
- All SFAI employees are required to show proof of vaccination to HR or request an appropriate documented exemption to HR by August 20,2021
- All SFAI students studying on campus, or visiting campus, are required to show proof of vaccination to Student Affairs designee prior to orientation and the commence of classes.
- Vaccinations for international students are now available at Bay Area airports.
- HR & Student Affairs will confidentially keep a list of who received the vaccine, what date the vaccine was received, and confirm the vaccine type meets CAL OSHA standards.
Documented Vaccination Exemptions:
- Any students or employees who cannot or will not get a vaccination due to a legitimate medical reason will need to provide a letter from their doctor.
- Any students or employees who will not get a vaccination due to a legitimate religious reason will need to provide a letter declaring that they cannot receive the vaccine due to specific religious reasons.
- All exemptions for staff will be approved by HR & the CAO or COO.
- All exemptions for students will be approved by the Student Affairs designee.
Being on Campus — Vaccinated and Unvaccinated SFAI Community Members:
- With the increased circulation of the highly transmissible Delta variant, and out of an abundance of caution, students and employees are required to wear masks indoors while on campus, even if they are fully vaccinated as an added layer of protection. This clause will be updated as needed while we monitor changes with Cal/OSHA requirements in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.
- While on campus or SFAI activities, unvaccinated students and employees with an approved and documented exemption will need to wear a mask indoors and practice social distancing (6 feet) and remain 6 feet from others outside if not wearing a mask.
- SFAI may restrict access to unvaccinated students & employees in places of the campus where safe social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Faculty, Studio Managers and the Director of Operations will be notified of any student that they are working with, who has an exemption and any restrictions they have for being on campus. (The reason for the exemption will not be shared, just that they have an approved exemption).
- Those not observing the policy will be subject to disciplinary action.
Vaccination Requirements for Visitors:
- Invited guest visitors are required to complete a survey to report their vaccine status, and bring their proof of vaccination at the time of visit.
- Vaccinated guest visitors may access campus outdoors following the guidelines listed above. (Wear a mask indoors, and stay socially-distant outdoors).
- Unvaccinated guest visitors may access campus but will need to wear a mask indoors and practice social distancing (6 feet) and remain 6 feet from others outside if not wearing a mask.
POLICY FOR REPORTING
- Vaccine status information will be kept confidential by CAO and COO and within HR for employees, and within Student Affairs for students.
- In the event of a reported case, contact-tracing will be conducted in compliance with contact-tracing guidelines. HR & Ops Team will notify anyone who has been in close contact.
CLASSES & CLASSROOM
First Day of Classes, PPE and Cleaning supplies
- While on campus anywhere indoors (in classes, or visiting any offices) students and employees are required to wear masks even if fully vaccinated – until further notice.
- Each classroom will have a cleaning station.
- Disposable masks will be available in classrooms and always at security office by request.
- They can call Facilities team if they are low on supply
- Special cleaning by request (allow 24 hours please).
EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
- Any employees or students planning events on campus are required to coordinate with the Health & Safety Committee and the Ops Team at least three weeks in advance of the event to allow ample time for planning and compliance with our Health & Safety guidelines. Thank you!
Beyond the Blueprint Framework for Industry and Business Sectors
Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Prevention Emergency Temporary Standards (ETS)
CDC Recommendations for Colleges, Universities, and Higher Learning,
Guidance for Shared or Congregate Housing
Vaccine Call Center